Why It Works
Working in partnership with DEFRA, Global Cool Foundation has done extensive research into the effectiveness of our content and comms. Highlights of the research include:
- Some of our campaigns aim to build awareness of low carbon behaviours such as “swishing” or taking train-based holidays to destinations beyond Paris and Brussels, and they’ve been successful. For example, awareness of swishing rose from 6.7% to 12% among 18-24 year olds.
- Other campaigns are more about influencing attitudes, such as towards taking journeys on trains and buses, or wearing warm clothes in winter, and we’ve succeeded here as well. After our “Wrap up for winter campaign” the proportion of people who said they were inspired to wear warmer clothes at home rose from 12% to 18%.
- We’re effectively finding our target market: 80% of people we talk to are ‘Outer Directed’ vs. less than half that in the general population. After four campaigns 30% of ODs have at least heard of Global Cool, up from 16% in January 2009.
- We’re building our reach through our campaigns and through our web traffic, social networking members, press coverage, etc. Already the cumulative reach of our campaigns is over 238 million.
- We get great feedback from focus groups (“The blog is readable and the photos show that it’s fun and active rather than just preaching, it’s an organisation out there doing something”) and social network sites (“Global Cool features really interesting & entertaining articles that just HAPPEN to promote an eco friendly lifestyle”).
Read our report in full for more details about our results and methodology….
Work With Us
Together we can make a real difference in preventing climate change. If you’d like to work with us to communicate green lifestyles and sustainability to the mainstream, call +44 (0) 8444 410 003 or drop us an email.
We run Global Cool, the only online magazine in the UK truly inspiring the mainstream to live greener
- Simple dreams and extraordinary guilt (plus WIN a copy to take home)This week we’ve had our noses buried in The Undertaking by Audrey Magee... […]
- NATURAL BEAUTY: Beat the winter winds with Argan RescueHere's a winter rescue product to keep your locks looking lovely... […]
- Turn your body into a power sourceIntroducing the bizarre new jewellery concept by Naomi Kizhner that converts your natural body processes into kinetic energy... […]