Thursday, July 15th, 2010 | Global Cool
This summer we will once again be promoting the use of public transport rather than cars for longer journeys. Here are some of the highlights of the campaign:
- Books In Public – We have created an online book group to promote the joys of reading books on long bus and train journeys. To launch Books In Public we partnered with the publisher Hodder & Stoughton to hand out free copies of seven different books at train stations around the UK over the course of seven weeks. We’ve also offered our readers a 5% discount for recommending books for a long journey, in association with the Book Depository. You can find out more about Books In Public here, follow the hash tag on Twitter and see photos of one of the handouts, at London’s Liverpool Street, here.
- The Art of Conversation – Ever been too scared to strike up conversation with a stranger on a bus or train? We’ve got the perfect solution. We’ll be holding a series of lectures on a Routemaster bus that will travel around London, educating people on how to chat with random strangers.
- Celebrity voiceovers – we’ll be getting some of our celebrity friends to take to the mic at tube stations to add a touch of familiarity to the public service announcements and hopefully put a smile on people’s faces as they make their way around by public transport.
- Festival activity – once again we’ll be travelling to some of the UK’s biggest music festivals to talk to bands and artists about their experiences on public transport.
- Website content – in addition to all this the recently revamped Global Cool website will be producing all sorts of inspiration for using public transport. Read some of our articles here.
This is the second summer we’ve run the Do It In Public campaign. Last year we took a double decker bus loaded with games and activities to music festivals around the UK and interviewed several of the acts. You can view the videos we made on the Global Cool You Tube channel.
What do you think about our campaigns?
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
We run Global Cool, the only online magazine in the UK truly inspiring the mainstream to live greener
- Supermeat: the animal-friendly meat + the no ‘poo movement is hereCheck out the top results in the world of green news... […]
- Join us for Veganuary + what’s the greenest kind of Christmas tree?Check out the latest in the world of green... […]
- All Dutch cars zero emissions by 2035 + which plane is better for the planet?Get the scoop on the greenest news this fortnight... […]